Thursday, 28 April 2011

Alterations To My Kitchen

Quite a few of my friend who know our house have often commented on how I manage to cook and write my food blog with such a small kitchen.  It has been a challenge, over the 5 years that we have lived here, I have moved items around in the cupboards several times to maximise the space.  Every utensil or piece of kitchen equipment that I own, before purchase, I have had to think carefully about whether I really needed it, and more importantly where it is going to be stored.





Today, we have started to carry out alterations to my kitchen starting with removing the stand alone hob and unit that it was housed in and replacing it with a new cooker.  This also means that I will have a full size oven instead of the table top type that I have been using, which has worked well, apart from only being able to have one dish in the oven at anyone time.  I am now looking forward to being able to gain benefit from my larger oven.


Over the next few weeks we are also going to be replacing the worktops and making my main worktop area larger than it is at the moment.  I hope to show you the completed kitchen shortly.

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for following my blog and I hope to add lots more dishes and information in the future.

Janice x

2 comments:

  1. Janice, I have enjoyed reading your food blogs and the monthly market blog has been invaluable for a "newbie". Look forward to reading and trying new dishes. Oven looks great and as if it has been there for ever. Good luck
    Trina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Trina for your support. x

    ReplyDelete